Friday, April 24, 2009

T&A Recovery: Quick Update

Just a quick update on how the last few days have gone. Cannon had a rough night on Wednesday and woke up in a a pretty unpleasant mood. Can't blame him though. He's handling this pretty well in my opinion. His throat is probably on fire! Anyway, pain meds helped some. I had planned a playdate with some of Kelsey & Ethan's school friends that day, thinking that maybe he would be past the worst of it by then. I was wrong and my little man was clung to me all day except when napping. Today he is doing better, although still my little shadow and still in cuddle mode. I have to admit, it's nice to have him snuggled up next to me...until I see the dishes stacking up in the sink. Then I do my best to distract him for a bit so I can get some stuff done around the house. Wish us luck...we have 'Revive' tonight. Revive is a program offered through Northwood Baptist Church in which they provide free babysitting for kiddos with special needs children and their siblings for a full 4 hours! WOW!!!!! It's their way of reaching out to the community. Pretty amazing if you ask me. The kids have a BLAST there. Cannon has a set of helpers to himself and then Kelsey & Ethan will each have their own buddy all night! The buddies are usually junior high age kids. So pray that Cannon will let us leave him for a few hours. I think he could use the break and I KNOW I could use the break. I'll make sure to have him properly medicated so that he is hopefully in good spirits.

Hugs to all,

Lisa

No comments: