Wednesday, April 22, 2009

T&A Recovery Continued!

Well, after watching Cannon refuse pretty much all liquid and food for 3 days, we made a call to his ENT. Based on the fact that he was adamantly refusing anything even coming close to his mouth and that he was getting no more than 4-6 oz. of fluids a day (that's being very generous) we decided to take him to the urgent care facility for IV fluids. This was on Monday night. The fluids helped, and by Tuesday morning he was drinking some milk and even ate some very mushy pancakes! He's still not drinking a lot, but it's definitely more than before so we'll take it. He's in good spirits..most of the time that is. Today he has eaten some pudding and had some milk, so I feel like we are moving in the right direction! Unfortunately we know that the worst is to come...that would be when the scabs fall off. Eeewwwww....yuck! Cannon has been a trooper all in all. I'm very proud of my sweet pudding covered boy!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Hi. Sounds like he's doing great. I can't believe you had to take him to urgent care. Poor baby. (so glad you didn't listen to me!) I'll keep my day job. :) Love your blog...keep it up!

Lyons Family said...

I'm so glad you are blogging. Carter loves to sit w/me & see all of your pictures. We are so glad Cannon is feeling better!